Who are we
Founded in 2003 by Marvyn Kussner, PROCURE is the only charitable organization exclusively dedicated to the fight against prostate cancer through research, outreach, education and support for men affected by this disease and their families.
PROCURE is a charitable organization in the fight against prostate cancer. It educates, supports, and informs people affected by this disease. It promotes and contributes to the financing of world-class research.
To provide leadership in Quebec in the fight against prostate cancer, to set the standard in the field, and accelerate research to cure the disease.
PROCURE will actively participate in the advancement of research through:
- An ongoing conversation with the public and health professionals.
- The self-financing and promotion of the PROCURE Biobank, recognized worldwide for its high-value scientific samples, as well as for its crucial data on men with prostate cancer
Enrich the necessary information and support services throughout a patient’s journey:
- Free access to health professionals via a toll-free line available 24|7
- A comprehensive Web site that is available in both official languages
- PROCURE’s offerings – information, education, support and referrals to the most appropriate resources – for Quebecers affected by prostate cancer, their caregivers and their loved one, throughout their journey
- Conferences given by experts and other special events
- A free book on prostate cancer and various publications
PROCURE at a glance
Since 2003, with the support of its partners and loyal employees, PROCURE:
- Intervened with more than 1,000 patients or their relatives who have contacted our health professionals specialized in uro-oncology
- Responded to more than 6,000 calls/emails from men with prostate cancer and their relatives
- Welcomed nearly 32,000 participants in Quebec to its talks by experts about the disease, the importance of screening and treatment options
- Generated close to 40,000 views on its YouTube channel
- Invested $7 million in research on prostate cancer through its biobank
- Talk to your doctor if you are over 50.
- Do it at 40 if you have a family history of prostate cancer.
- Encourage friends and colleagues to do so as well.
- Contact our healthcare professionals if you have any concerns or questions.
- Visit our website and YouTube channel for appropriate and timely information.
- Make a donation to help with research.
- Join the PROCURE Walk of Courage on Father’s Day.
- Take part in our Bowvember campaign.
- Take part in our Pneuvembre campaign.
- Wear the PROCURE’s special bow tie on November 19.
- Get involved by becoming a volunteer, an ambassador, or a partner.
- Help us update the information on this site.